Monday, May 26, 2008

Phoenix

Hello again our friends, family and fans.  We've had a busy time in Phoenix catching up with old friends and, oh yes, shopping!  Here is the front of Cabela's which is any entire shopping centre in itself, I think.  Mary got a pair of pants here that were specially hemmed for her long legs.  She is very happy.  The whole shop is hunting themed and they have a replica mountain inside covered in game.   That's Clancy with the shopping.


We did try to spend some time relaxing after our exertions.  Also we landed in Phoenix in the middle of an unexpected heat wave.  It was 38 this day and 40 the next.  We kind of enjoyed it and even got in the pool, but it was pretty hot.  


These lovely birds hang out on the shady side of the palm trees.  Funny to see them move throughout the day.  They also have a lovely song.  I think they're called Grackles.  



This is Dorothy, the mother of my friend Valerie and someone I spent quite a lot of time with when I was a kid.  It was really good to see her and Les, her husband, again after all these years.  They are doing so well.  Perhaps I shouldn't say so, but Dot is 90 and Les is about 95.  Dot had to get off to her 10-pin bowling game.


And that was Phoenix.  We hopped on a plane to Cincinnati, Ohio on the 22nd via Charlotte, North Carolina.  See blog above for details.

1 comment:

jo said...

It appears you 2 have had quite a vacation. I've lived in the US 69 yrs & haven't seen it all so don't feel to bad that you've missed some places. LOL
A group of us are ready to head out Sat morning the 31st for New York rain or shine, I'm trying to get last minute stuff done. I'm a bit nervous about Earl, I just hope he can handle it & nothing bad happens. He's pulling our camper too & he's not 100% yet. With luck we'll have good weather & light traffic.
I'm glad you got to enjoy your trip.
Jo Moss